I’ll use weird stuff most people wouldn’t know. Sorry about sharing #5.
1. English wasn’t my first language.
I can no longer speak my first language. I was young. I forgot it, except the swears. I can swear a blue streak because Mom, Dad, Grand-mama and Grand-papa wouldn’t swear in English.
2. There’s a Wikipedia page about my family history on Dad’s side
Highlanders from the Carpathian mountains. Dark-fairy-tale stuff about gypsies, healers and strange customs. Cool, because that’s my family.
3. I talk in my sleep. In another language.
No idea what language it is. No one who’s heard it knows either, but it appears to be both consistent and conversational. Also, kinda bossy. *shrugs*
4. Anesthesia doesn’t work on me
Surgery is no fun. I wake up every 7–10 minutes. Ask me how I know.
5. I’ve had 3 near-death experiences.
Two as a child, plus I flat-lined in surgery as an adult. I watched the surgeon use the paddles on me from the ceiling. Yes, it was as weird as it sounds.
6. I was in a book that was featured on Oprah
Oprah once featured a book about “women pioneers” of the Internet. I was one of the women in the book. It was the first time I got hate mail. lol.
7. I worked with Playboy on a feature article once.
It was the only “fully clothed” feature they ever did.
8. I talked to Jean Claude Van Damme on the phone
I was doing a website for an actress and she called me from set. He was on set and grabbed the phone to say hi Linda, nice job, it looks great. lol. Funny.
9. I sewed costumes for the Olympic Dancers.
It’s not my profession. Always worked in marketing and advertising. Sewing is a hobby. My sis was one of the dancers. So… yeah, that was neat!
10. I learn something new every year. This year, I’m making fonts
Making new fonts is fun, but I’m really digging restoring old (old!) fonts from the 1400s-1800s. Hope I live a long time, because there’s so many things I want to learn. All with my hands, of course. Hello, right brain!
P.S. Linda A Robinson, PhD — told you I would. :)